Your phone can help you during emergencies. You can add emergency information, messages on your phone’s lock screen for the same.
Emergency-like situations can happen anytime and at anyplace. You may not always be surrounded by people who can help you at the time of an emergency. But, what you always have with you is your smartphone. You can use your phone to show your emergency information and get help. However it needs to be noted that in some countries and with some carriers, your phone can share your location with emergency services automatically.
Anyone who picks up your phone can see your message and emergency information without unlocking your phone. You can add information like emergency contacts, medical information, among others. This information will be displayed on your phone’s locked screen. Here is how you can add emergency information on your phone. But before doing that, do note that some of the steps mentioned below work only on Android 12 and up.
If you are not aware of the Android version supported on your smartphone then you can check the same by opening your phone’s Settings app. Near the bottom, you will have to tap on system and then click on system update. After this you will be able to see your “Android version” and “Android security update.”
How to add emergency information on your phone’s locked screen
1. Open your phone’s Settings app.
2. Tap About phone and then Emergency information.
3. Enter the info that you want to share.
4. For medical info, tap Edit information. If you do not see “Edit information,” tap Info.
5. For emergency contacts, tap Add contact. If you do not see “Add contact,” tap Contacts.
6. To clear your info, tap More And then Clear all.
How to find emergency information
1. On a locked screen, swipe up.
2. Tap Emergency and then Emergency information.
3. When Emergency information flashes, tap it again.
How to put a message on your phone’s lock screen
Open your phone’s Settings app.
Depending on your phone: Tap Display and then Advanced and then Lock screen display and then Lock screen message. or Tap Security. Next to ‘Screen lock,’ tap Settings and then Lock screen message.
Enter your information to help someone return your phone if you lose it.